Please note that sizes may vary slightly according to style. Items such as PJ trousers are cut generously for comfort.
Silk full length dressing gown - One size
Measurements to help with fit are,
Length, from nape of neck to hem- 138cm (54.5 inches)
Sleeve length, from shoulder seem to cuff - 62cm (24.5 inches)
Back width- 40cm (15 3/4 inches)
There is a generous cross over opening at the front with a loose belt tie fastening.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries regarding sizing.
Cleaning and fabric care
Cotton garments without any special trims may be machine washed at 40 degrees
Recommended for silks- Dry Clean- professionally by a dry cleaner that uses more gentle chemicals or more green services. Normally, dry cleaners will advertise these services, it is always useful to ask their advice.
We use only the highest quality silks for our nightwear. Silk is a wonderfully luxurious fabric that can help improve your sleep and health. Silk, like wool and linen, requires a more delicate cleaning regime than cotton, special detergents and lower temperature s. However, if washing guidelines are followed, your silk items will last as the silk fibre is very strong while being incredibly soft.
.Please follow these tips if you chose to hand wash your garment,
- Hand wash silk items in lukewarm water using a mild silk/wool/cashmere detergent.
- We recommend that you wash each item separately.
- Softly and thorough rinse, gently roll the item in a clean white bath towel to remove excess moisture
- After air drying, iron on a medium (silk) setting on the reverse side only - this will help the silk to restore the sheen, softness and suppleness of the fabric. The heat and steam from the iron will also bring out the colour and shimmer of the fabric. Silk is easier to iron than cotton or linen: use a medium heat with medium steam so the iron will glide over the fabric and remove all creases quickly.
- For the best results with silk, we recommend that you use a steamer, making sure it doesn’t ‘spit’ and cause water spots.
- Cosmetics and body lotions may leave marks on your silk nightwear, which are difficult or impossible to remove. Suggestion- let lotions dry before wearing your silk nightwear.
- Perfumes and deodorants can also leave stains on silk, it is not recommend spraying perfume on any silk garment.
How to store silk
Tips for storing your silk items when not in daily use so it doesn’t get spoiled by moths, damp, and other storage damages.
- Reduce moisture- avoid using plastic storage containers as they will actually trap moisture inside. When conditions are warm, plastic containers become ideal incubators for moths and moth larvae.
- Try storing silk in breathable cotton storage bags, using non-acidic tissue paper wrapping. This allows moisture to escape and the tissue paper protects the fabric from bugs, dust, and any unwanted contact or friction. It will also help protect silks from direct sunlight which can fade the dyes and colour.